Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Fishing Trip

Late one morning, a man returns after several hours of fishing and goes to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, his wife Marsha decides to take the boat out herself. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and began to read a book. Soon after, along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside her and says, "Good morning, ma'am, what are you doing?" "Reading a book," she replies, thinking, "Isn't that obvious?" "You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her. "I'm sorry, officer,” she responds, “but I'm not fishing, I'm reading." "Yes,” he answers, “but you have all the equipment. For all I know, you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up." "For reading a book?" she asks. "You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her again. "I'm sorry, officer, but as you can see I'm not fishing, I'm reading." "Yes,” he acknowledges, “but for all I know, you could start at any moment. So I'll have to take you in." "If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says Marsha. "But I haven't even touched you," cries the warden. "That's true,” she admits, “but you have all the equipment. For all I know, you could start at any moment." "Have a nice day ma'am," he replies, and he leaves. Moral of the story: Never argue with a woman, especially one who reads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment